10 ways how Australian students can make effective use of QUT Blackboard?
Keywords: QUT Blackboard, blackboard QUT, qut blackboard login, UQ blackboard, Holmes Blackboard, holmes blackboard
About Blackboard QUT
QUT Blackboard is a web-based system of Learning Management delivered by Queensland University, Australia. It allows students to access their source study learning materials as per different courses as well as other relevant information such as assignment details, fees structure. Course timeline, students’ academic performance and others are important here. The certain blackboard application also provides faculty with several outstanding tools for organising and designing spaces for virtual classrooms. Within Blackboard QUT, students can access a wide range of services such as online learning, media libraries, discussions, course details or outlines, instructor or assessor support and many more.
It also delivers archived locations for students where confidential communication is managed between students and faculty. Besides this, QUT Blackboard allows student groups to have effective collaboration through online work spaces. They can virtually meet within the blackboard spaces either synchronously or asynchronously. Therefore, it is stated that student group communication is further archived for study or learning evaluation as per assignment or unit requirements. The main reason for using this tool is that it provides greater learning to students as well as faculty and it helps improve students’ reading and assessment skills. QUT Blackboard basically contains several tools or elements such as subject materials, recommended readings, online study assessment and others.
Efficient usage of QUT Blackboard
There are some certain ways by which Australian students can make efficient use of QUT Blackboard for their study purposes and some effective ways are mentioned below:
- The concerned tool can be used for having a greater access to course outlines or details. Course outlines do contain study requirements, learning outcomes, course timeline, expected grade distributions and others.
- QUT Blackboard can also be effectively used for file sharing. There is an access panel as well as dashboard where essential files, notifications, announcements or other documents are shared between faculty or teaching staff and students.
- The tool is also compatible for quick searching by which students can search their required contents or learning materials by using some keywords or searching fields such as titles, alternative titles, creative coordinators, tagged keywords, unit code and others.
- Blackboard also allows students to learn how to locate contents within different courses, hide and unhide course menus, download files or documents, print items and submit assignments within given time periods. It also allows them to check their marks and grades and access their previous learning courses.
- Students can further use its internal tool named “Discussion Boards” for sharing different ideas regarding learning materials and communicating with their instructors and classmates.
- The first step of using the blackboard is providing personal contact details such as email addresses, contact nos. and others and certain passwords due to enter into the application through log-in processes. Thus, the process is called “QUT Blackboard Log-in”.
- The Blackboard also allows students to learn about preparing files for assignment submission using various supported document names and extensions, submitting assignments and taking online tests.
- QUT Blackboard can also be used for developing personalised study plans as well as accessing multimedia libraries. It helps students manage their assignments as per unit contents and learning outcomes.
- The blackboard further provides step-by-step learning procedures for new students such as enrolling their names in unit modules or subjects and registering in classes, involving within QUT Virtual and logging in with their username and password for accessing course details.
- The concerned tool can be used by students as an archived segment for secret communication with their peers or classmates and teaching staff in the university.
Other similar moodle and blackboard platforms include UEL moodle, UCL moodle and Monash Moodle etc. Thus, there are some more effective learning systems or tools such as UQ blackboard, Holmes blackboard and others, which are used by students for their learning and assignment submission purposes.